Thursday, August 23, 2012

Handmade Children's Belts



Sometimes the smallest things can make the outfit.  For my daughter, she loves to wear belts with her pants. She doesn't really NEED them, but she likes them and I can't say no.  I could not find belts that we liked last year, so I just bought some cheap ones that, of course, peeled paint off of and looked kind of icky after a few months. I saw a friend post pictures of some homemade belts she made for her sons and I thought, gee, I can do that!!

Since I have creative kids who find solid colors boring, I looked at this tutorial for something a little different:


I took the kids to Joann's and let them pick out their favorite ribbons.  (This could also be a great project to use up ribbons you have stashed up!)

Then, silly me, forgot to look at this tutorial when I actually sat down to MAKE the belts... so the ribbon doesn't wrap around to the other side... oops. Thankfully my kids love what I do, even with I mess up. Ah unconditional love. It's awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment