Sunday, March 25, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

If you are reading this welcome page, you are either a family member, friend, or have recently fallen in love with Pinterest.  That is what happened to me... Like most new people to Pinterest, you don't quite get "it".  You see the empty boards on your profile, not quite sure what it means to "pin" something, or where to find it.  But eventually you figure it out... and then you can't stop! Suddenly you are overwhelmed with ideas.  You wish you had more hands and time to craft, bake, cook, garden, do everything you see.  You may lay awake at night thinking about your next project.  Oh wait, you have to run to the craft store first.  What fabric will your child like most?  We have an empty milk jug...what can we make with it? Does that recipe really taste as good as it looks?

My goal with this blog is to let you know what I've pinned and tried.  If I thought my final product was a success or failure. I hope to guide you through Pinterest to discover amazing recipes, crafts, fun things to do with your kids, ways to enrich your life. 

Here is my one disclaimer.  There are certain things I do not pin.  I am not interested in fashion or makeup.  I do not pin anything that has to do with home decoration or remodeling, since we live in military housing and don't dare paint a speck on the wall!  I don't have a green thumb.  However, I have blogger friends who are interested in these subjects, and from time to time will guest blog with what they have tried. 

Here are my most favorite Pinterest boards:
In The Kitchen
Desserts
Knit
Preschool/Kindergarten Learning Tools
Kid Fun
Sewing for Kids

Of course, I have many more boards. I have provided a link for my Pinterest account, and you are welcome to follow me. 

I have also (shamelessly!!) provided links to my Facebook knitting page and eventually will add my Twitter account (once I tweak it a bit to my liking!).

No comments:

Post a Comment