Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Gift Ideas


If your husband is anything like mine, trying to figure out the perfect father's day gift is a nearly impossible task.  There is nothing he needs.  The things he wants are far out of my price range nor my ability to shop for (new tuba, new computer, new nook... you get the idea).  So I am opting for all kid participation gifts this year.  Cute, and frugal!

My favorite idea, and you probably saw these around mother's day are the printables where you ask kids questions about their parent, and they fill in the blanks.  I found this one and printed it out for my kiddos, but there are plenty out there to choose from.

My 3 year old son's answers

  My 5 year old daughter's answers

My daughter also insisted on drawing a picture for daddy.  This is our family, watching madagascar 3 at the movie theater... Doesn't get much cuter than that! 

 

I also really liked the road shirt idea.  The image I had re-pinned from another user does not take you for a link.  Simple idea - get a plain shirt, buy colored sharpies. Draw pictures and a road.  If you child is more of a train enthusiast, no reason you couldn't draw train tracks instead of a road. 



 There are many other ideas that are inexpensive and easy for children to help with.  Most involving candy, so if your husband is a health nut or allergic to chocolate, you may want to avoid any of those ideas.  My personal favorite is the candy bar letter. I bought poster board today and will hunt down the necessary candy bars tomorrow! 


Whatever you decide... crafts, a nice dinner out, or a fun family outing, I wish all the fathers out there a fantastic Father's Day 2012!!






No comments:

Post a Comment