Monday, June 18, 2012

No Sew Tutu!



I adore little girls in tutus.  For my daughter's birthday, I wanted her to wear a tutu but didn't want to spend a fortune buying one.  I'm so glad I didn't, because once I looked at this tutorial, because a no sew tutus  are incredibly easy to make. I bought the tulle at Joanns, so all I had to do was cut the fabric into 6" thick pieces.

After posting a picture of my tutu on Facebook, I got a lot of interest from others about making tutus, which lead to me being approached by a bride to be about making a tutu dress for her flower girls.  Using the basic idea as the tutu I made for my daughter, I came up with this: 


However, this time I bought the tulle on spools, so I had to cut required length instead of width.  Then I added ribbon to help keep the dress up, and a removable flower clip.

I apologize for the poor photo quality. I tend to finish projects late at night and am too tired to snap a good photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment