Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Felt Fractions: Nice Tactile Way to Visualize Fractions


Here are my felt fractions (please click on the link to see original post!). I had pinned this under "Preschool/Kindergarten Learning Tools". 

These were super cool.  My 5 year old has been asking us "how much is left" when she is eating/drinking during meals, and she adores math anyway, so I thought this would be a fantastic way for hear to visually understand when we say half, third, fourth.

The tutorial had used primary colors.  I allowed my children to pick which colors I ended up using... I think you can tell which two my son picked and which two my daughter picked! I also didn't do the blanket stitch as per the tutorial.  I was using my sewing machine and was too lazy to make them look super nice (as you can see my sewing skills leave something to be desired!).

I love these, I think they are really awesome.  My children agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment