Thursday, April 5, 2012

Frosted Zucchini Brownies: A Different Take


The Frosted Zucchini Brownies is a pin a friend of mine made under her "Cuisine" board.  I re-pinned from her, but have yet to try the recipe.  She graciously wrote up a review for me and took a photo. 

My friend, Emily N. substituted 3/4 cup applesauce for the oil, added 1 tsp all spice, and left off the frosting.  She also made them as cupcakes instead of a sheet. 

Her verdict:  "Not bad for taste but I found them to be a bit bland but moist enough. I think I need to up the all spice or try just a cinnamon/ginger/clove mix and go a bit heavy handed. I think a cream cheese frosting might be a better contrast with a dash of apple syrup and sprinkled cinnamon to complement the applesauce flavor."


The recipe does not contain eggs, so it is good for those with children who have egg allergies.

I am still looking forward to trying this recipe, so I will edit the post once I have made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment