Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crispy Chicken With Creamy Italian Sauce


Another fantastic meal!  Even my picky daughter ate the chicken (but we compromised with plain pasta).  The recipe for the crispy chicken is pinned under Dinners.

I really liked the chicken recipe.  The steps were easy.  The only thing I changed was using less oil.  Even so, the chicken was crispy and held in moisture well.  I will definitely make the chicken again, especially since I always have the ingredients on hand.  And now I own a meat mallet!

The creamy sauce was incredible.  It used a product I have never used before, Philadelphia cooking cream.  There were four flavors to choose from, my husband chose pesto.  Which worked out nice with the spinach we added to the sauce.  I had a better likelihood of family members eating a vegetable if it was covered in sauce! But the sauce was easy to make, a little heavy (180 calories for half a cup), but it made a lot, at least for my family it was a lot.   Next time I make it, I will use a different flavor. 

I definitely recommend this recipe.  It's a little heavy, but definitely worth every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment