Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Knit Wig Hat




I had the Knit Wig Hat pinned in my "Knit" board for awhile before someone on Facebook asked if I could make her one.  I took her up on her request quickly.  The Knit Wig Hat is something I personally wouldn't wear but was dying for an excuse to make!

The patter is pretty easy, though I had to learn how to do a backward cast on to complete the upper half of the wig (yay youtube videos!!).  With fairly limited skills needed, this is a great project for Easy/Intermediate level knitters who want to do something a little cooky.  The pattern was a little tricky to read once it came time to do the decreases on the bangs... hence my slightly off end product. 


The Knit Wig Hat is definitely an easy alternative to dying your hair for a Halloween costume or for a themed party!  I look forward to making another one some day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment