Friday, January 25, 2013

Felt Super Hero Capes

A few weeks ago, my son turned 4.  He wanted to have a Super Hero/Hulk birthday party.  His birthday is after Christmas, which usually means I am a bit out of  a slacker when it comes to planning his party.  I wanted something for the kids to be able to take home that wasn't a goodie bag full of candies and toys that will break within moments.  The capes were a perfect idea.

I checked out a few pins, but this one seemed to be the easiest, minimal sewing tutorial.



I bought felt by the yard and velcro.  After cutting all the capes, I just had to sew about an inch of velcro onto the cape.  Then I used scrap felt to make circles (I traced a small bowl to get the correct size) and I cut out the first initial of every kid who was attending.  I made extra circles so the kids had lots of colors to choose from.



Each kid go to pick their cape and circle color.  We used felt glue to glue the pieces together during the party.  I also bought a few bags of foam star stickers so the kids could decorate the capes.  I think this was a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment