Monday, January 28, 2013

Knit Piggy Hat

I was asked by a friend to knit a Piggy Hat for her daughter and found this pattern on Ravelry, a wonderful source for knitters and crocheters (kind of like Facebook for us!).


Source: ravelry.com via Kate on Pinterest



I really liked this pattern.  I did what I usually do when I use patterns like this, which is using them as a template and I tweak to techniques I prefer or find easier.

One thing I didn't understand was the pattern's way of doing the edging.  I usually prefer a crochet edging, pretty much the ONLY time I prefer crochet since my brain can't understand how to do anything other than single crochet. Ha!  I also used size 8 and 9 needles, instead of 8 and 10... mostly because I couldn't find my size 10 needles and was too lazy to look for them in my stash.  I had fun learning how to do the curly ends!

Overall, the pattern is great and super adorable.  I hope my final product does the pattern justice!!



No comments:

Post a Comment