Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Making A Mess With Slime








Sometimes I have to let go of my internal control freak and let my kids get good and messy.  My daughter has been begging me to do a science experiment, something fun and hands on, so I decided to try making slime with the kids today.  4 ingredients, easy to follow steps.

All the ingredients can be found at grocery stores, Target, Walmart... anywhere that sells laundry detergent is likely to have Borax.  If you already make your own detergents, then you've got it on hand.
I couldn't find clear glue while I was at the store, so we used the cheapest kids glue we could find (.34 cents!).

At first I thought I had a major Pinterest failure.  My "slime" was slimy alright... and soupy.  VERY soupy.  However, after many many minutes of mixing by hand, my kids were able to make it more like the solid substance that was pictured on the pinned post.  Of course, my kids had a blast no matter what it was like!




I put the slime in an airtight container and am anxious to find out how long the slime lasts before I have to make a new batch.  Regardless, the kiddos want different colored slime, so we will surely be making this again!




1 comment: